Sign Language Interpreter Services
Since 1976 Translingua is providing ASL Sign Language Interpreter Services in USA
ASL Interpreter Services in USA
Translingua’s ASL interpreter services provide you with accurate, reliable interpreters certified in American Sign Language (ASL). ASL certification is important because it remains the predominant form of sign language in used throughout the United States and Canada. ASL interpreting services are available for in-person or video remote interpretation appointments. Our ASL interpreter services providers have many years of experience and adhere to all privacy laws/HIPAA statutes.
- Our personal ASL interpreting services provide you with a professional interpreter who accompanies you to an appointment or event to relay information
- Our conference ASL interpreting services provide you with one or more professional interpreters who stand in front of an audience and relay information
- Our remote ASL interpreting services provide you with a professional interpreter via video to facilitate live-time communication between you and the other party/parties
Certified ASL Interpreter Services
Our certified sign language interpreter service features only ASL and Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) professionals. For over 25 years, the RID has been the authority for sign language interpreters in North America. In addition to ASL/RID certification, our interpreters are also experts in various professional fields including medicine, law, business, technology and education. When you choose Translingua, you are choosing a certified sign language interpreter service that can assist you in many personal or professional capacities or situations, including:
- Legal and Medical Appointments/Evaluations
- Government and Community Services
- Religious and Social Events
- Classrooms/Education Situations
- Personal Interpreting Services
- Conferences/Meetings and Group Events
Sign Language Interpreter Qualifications
It is extremely important to understand the different sign language interpreter qualifications, or “levels” in order to make sure we pair you with the right interpreter. The five sign language interpreter qualification levels are:
- Novice (Level I) – Suitable for working in non-technical, one-on-one situations where communication can be paused easily for clarification, like customer service issues. A novice interpreter should not be used for legal, mental health, educational, serious medical or any critical situations.
- Apprentice (Level II) – Suitable for working in semi technical, one-on-one situations like job applications/orientations, basic tutoring and non-technical medical appointments. An apprentice interpreter should not be used for legal, mental health, educational, serious medical or any critical situations.
- Basic (Level III) – Suitable for working in most one-on-one situations and small group settings (including classrooms) or workshops with limited voicing. A basic interpreter should not be used legal, mental health, serious medical or any critical situations.
- Advanced (Level IV) – Suitable for working in non-technical and various technical situations, and is also able to serve as a transliterator in most cases. Although an advanced interpreter can perform well in most situations, discretion should be employed based on various situational factors, including the client(s) language level.
- Master (Level V) – Suitable for working in all non-technical and most (if not all) technical situations, and can serve expressively and receptively as a transliterator in most (if not all) situations. A master level interpreter is recommended for legal situations, as well as technical or serious medical situations including pre-op, surgery and recovery room, and critical mental health situations including psychiatric wards.
ADA Compliant ASL Interpreting Services
Healthcare or legal providers, educational organizations, and every business or organization serving our diverse population must remain fully compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Inability to provide satisfactory accommodations to the deaf or hard of hearing can be very costly on several levels. Our ASL interpreting services are fully ADA compliant. Our ASL certified sign language interpreter service allows your customers, clients, students or patients to receive the dignity, respect and attention they deserve…. while keeping you and your organization, business or practice ADA compliant.
Do you hire Translator?
Translator is available
Translingua Sign Language Interpreting Services
Since 1995, Translingua’s sign language interpreter services have seamlessly bridged the communication gap between the hearing and deaf/hard of hearing communities. Our mission is to make sure our ASL assistance helps every member of the deaf and hard of hearing community receive the utmost level of support, respect and service. Please contact us to learn more about our sign language interpreting services, or to obtain a quote.
A. A translator works well with written language and has the time to review and make adjustments to ensure accuracy. On the other hand, an interpreter works well with spoken language. He or she must be quick to provide accurate interpretation services as well.
A. Our sign language interpreters are certified by the ASL and the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf. For over 25 years now, the Registry is the leader in sign language interpretation in North America. Aside from these certifications, Translingua Translation’s interpreters are also experts in different fields in their careers — business, education, law, medicine, and technology.
A. Translingua Translation’s sign language interpretation services are among the trusted in the field in terms of translation accuracy. Our sign language interpreters are ASL-certified, which is essential for the predominant forms of sign languages used in the United States and Canada. Take a look at our services either from in-person or video remote interpretation appointments.