American Sign Language Interpreter Services
Translingua’s American Sign Language interpreter services provide you with accurate, reliable interpreters certified in American Sign Language (ASL). ASL certification is important because it remains the predominant form of sign language in used throughout the United States and Canada. Our American Sign Language interpreter services are available for in-person or video remote interpretation appointments. Our American Sign Language interpreter services providers have many years of experience and adhere to all privacy laws/HIPAA statutes.
- Our personal ASL interpreting services provide you with a professional interpreter who accompanies you to an appointment or event to relay information
- Our conference ASL interpreting services provide you with one or more professional interpreters who stand in front of an audience and relay information
- Our remote ASL interpreting services provide you with a professional interpreter via video to facilitate live-time communication between you and the other party/parties
LANGUAGE INTERPRETING SERVICES
Certified Sign Language Interpreter Service
Our certified sign language interpreter service features only ASL and Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) professionals. For over 25 years, the RID has been the authority for sign language interpreters in North America. In addition to ASL/RID certification, our interpreters are also experts in various professional fields including medicine, law, business, technology and education. When you choose Translingua, you are choosing a certified sign language interpreter service that can assist you in many personal or professional capacities or situations, including:
- Legal and Medical Appointments/Evaluations
- Government and Community Services
- Religious and Social Events
- Classrooms/Education Situations
- Personal Interpreting Services
- Conferences/Meetings and Group Events
Sign Language Interpreter Qualifications
It is extremely important to understand the different sign language interpreter qualifications, or “levels” in order to make sure we pair you with the right interpreter. The five sign language interpreter qualification levels are:
- Novice (Level I) – Suitable for working in non-technical, one-on-one situations where communication can be paused easily for clarification, like customer service issues. A novice interpreter should not be used for legal, mental health, educational, serious medical or any critical situations.
- Apprentice (Level II) – Suitable for working in semi technical, one-on-one situations like job applications/orientations, basic tutoring and non-technical medical appointments. An apprentice interpreter should not be used for legal, mental health, educational, serious medical or any critical situations.
- Basic (Level III) – Suitable for working in most one-on-one situations and small group settings (including classrooms) or workshops with limited voicing. A basic interpreter should not be used legal, mental health, serious medical or any critical situations.
- Advanced (Level IV) – Suitable for working in non-technical and various technical situations, and is also able to serve as a transliterator in most cases. Although an advanced interpreter can perform well in most situations, discretion should be employed based on various situational factors, including the client(s) language level.
- Master (Level V) – Suitable for working in all non-technical and most (if not all) technical situations, and can serve expressively and receptively as a transliterator in most (if not all) situations. A master level interpreter is recommended for legal situations, as well as technical or serious medical situations including pre-op, surgery and recovery room, and critical mental health situations including psychiatric wards.
ADA Compliant ASL Interpreting Services
Healthcare or legal providers, educational organizations, and every business or organization serving our diverse population must remain fully compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Inability to provide satisfactory accommodations to the deaf or hard of hearing can be very costly on several levels. Our ASL interpreting services are fully ADA compliant. Our ASL certified sign language interpreter service allows your customers, clients, students or patients to receive the dignity, respect and attention they deserve…. while keeping you and your organization, business or practice ADA compliant.
Sign Language Interpreting Services
Since 1976, Translingua’s sign language interpreting services have seamlessly bridged the communication gap between the hearing and deaf/hard of hearing communities. Our mission is to make sure our ASL assistance helps every member of the deaf and hard of hearing community receive the utmost level of support, respect and service. Please contact us to learn more about our sign language interpreting services, or to obtain a quote.