Language Interpreting Code of Ethics
Since 1976, we have handpicked our Supreme Court certified language interpreters for their accuracy, reliability and of course, their professional proficiency. Additionally, and in order for language interpreters to represent both Translingua and our valued clientele, they also must adhere to the strictest code of personal and professional ethics. This is the only way to ensure the language interpreter we provide will faithfully and diligently perform their duties to their fullest capabilities.
The Translingua Language Interpreting Code of Ethics states:
- Professionalism: The language interpreter’s sole purpose is to interpret. He or she must at all times refrain from providing advice, expressing personal feelings and thoughts, or partaking in any other activity and behavior other than verbatim interpreting.
- Confidentiality: The language interpreter will at all times respect the confidentiality and privacy of every conversation they interpret. Any and all information passed between clients through the interpreter must remain in the strictest of confidence. Said information will never be published or shared in any form, and with any individual or organization that has not contracted the interpreter’s services for that particular conversation.
- Accuracy: The language interpreter will perform his or her duties with a complete and accurate interpretation every time. This includes never omitting, altering or adding to any portion of the information or conversation in any way.
LANGUAGE INTERPRETING SERVICES
- Impartiality: The language interpreter must never say anything at any time that suggests his or her personal feelings, opinions, viewpoints or biases regarding the information or conversation being interpreted.
- Disclosure/Disqualification: The language interpreter must immediately disclose and disqualify him or herself from the interpretation process should he or she have any concerns or reservations with neutrally and objectively performing his or her duties.
- Accreditation: The language interpreter will only interpret the language or languages for which they hold supreme court certification or American Translation Association (ATA) accreditation.
- Conflict of Interest: The language interpreter will immediately disclose any potential conflicts of interest. This includes if the translator may or will benefit personally or financially in any way while interpreting.
- Professional Courtesy: The language interpreter is a customer service representative of both Translingua and its clientele. Therefore, he or she will maintain a professional and courteous demeanor at all times. This includes maintaining a culturally and situationally appropriate tone of voice. The interpreter will also accommodate any special instructions as thoroughly as possible.
- Professional Development: The language interpreter must continually seek any and all professional development opportunities when available. This includes expanding their language interpretation skills, technical skills, and specialized industry expertise in their chosen field(s). Additionally, the language interpreter must remain open to receiving feedback from Translingua, coworkers and clients that help improve development and performance.
Escorting Foreign Visitors for all Reasons
Our language interpreters and tour guides enjoy a wonderful relationship with private, public and governmental agencies, organizations and institutions throughout the San Diego area—that trust us with escorting foreign visitors associated with them as guests and visitors. These agencies, organizations and institutions represent all walks of life and industrial backgrounds, including:
Our language translators have escorted foreign dignitaries, athletes, entertainers, scholars, CEO’s, and many other people—all who are essentially important to us regardless of stature, prominence or profession.
VIP Escort and Support Services
Translingua offers its customers comprehensive, full service and personalized escorting services to meet every need—including airport pick up by bus or limo, help with the hotel reservations and check-in, interpreter-based concierge services, badges collection, meal reservations, and verification of all details for a smooth stay during their time in San Diego. Our destination tour guides can be available for the duration of a visitor’s stay, up to the time they will be dropped off at the Airport for their return home.